Tuesday, 29 March 2011

With Warm Thoughts

I'm entering this card into The Ribbon Girl Colour Challenge #6.  The colours for this months challenge are gorgeous springtime yellow and green.  I used K&Company papers for my background.  For my rosette I used plain white card, punched the edge with a Martha Stewart punch, then pleated it, stained the edges and added the pearl centre. The seam binding and fancy pin are from The Ribbon Girl.  I added extra pearls and beads to the pin.  The seam binding is antique gold.

Thank you for stopping by x

Friday, 25 March 2011

My Folk Art Painting

I went a bit mad today and uploaded two cards.  It was sunny and warm again, so I went into the garden to paint some of my planters that were looking tired and needed some fresh painted flowers and roses.  I have never painted onto cards before, I usually like to paint onto a larger canvas.  But I gave it a go and my little spray didn't turn out too bad.  So I may just try it again.  I coated a piece of card with pale green acrylic, then gave it a coat of sealant.  When that had dried I painted my leaves first, then the rose buds and finally the daisies.  Paper is from Pink Petticoat, ribbon from stash, and the sentiment is one from Hot of the Press.

Thank you for stopping by and have a great weekend!

Easter Wishes

It's been such a beautiful day, it made me want to make Easter cards.  I love this image from Crafty Secrets. The little birds all in their Easter bonnets.  The paper is K&Company. I made the frame with a Martha Stewart punch and slightly turned up the edges to give a frill effect.  Seam binding from The Ribbon Girl.  Floral embellishment from stash, and the sentiment is computer generated, because I didn't have a stamp with the sentiment I wanted.
Thank you for stopping by x

Tuesday, 22 March 2011

Vintage Postcard

I'm feeling a bit more creative this week. Mojo went missing for a while LOL!  I haven't done any stamping on this card, but I just adore this vintage postcard image, (which is from a set I bought recently), they all print out perfectly.  For the postcard, I aged the edges, added a little sparkle to the butterfly,  then added a couple of corners and pearls.  The seam binding, twine and pin are from 'The Ribbon Girl'.  Lace and other embellishments are from my stash.

Thank you for stopping by xx

Tuesday, 15 March 2011

Frames on Frame

For this card I used a MS punch around the page set.  Main frame is 5"x 5" corners 31/4"x 31/4".  The smaller frames are layered over the large one.  Sentiment is by JustRite.  The camelia print is from a set I bought.  Camelia's were my dear dad's favourites.  He grew them and I have lots around my garden in all his favourite spots.

Thank you for stopping by x

Sunday, 13 March 2011

Less Is More - Muted Roses

This is my take on  'Off the Edge' which is this weeks challenge on 'Less Is More'.  I have used a Rubber Stampede stamp that I bought years ago in America.  I don't think it's available anymore.  I coloured the image using ProMarkers.  The stentiment stamp is by Hot Off the Press, and that's years old too.
Thanks for stopping by x

Tuesday, 8 March 2011

Wedding Card

I've been busy making a few papercrafts for a wedding and haven't had much time to blog for a few days.  I made this card to accompany a gift for the bride on her wedding day.  My trusty Silhouette came in nicely to cut the heart shaped card.  I embossed it after cutting and it was a bit tricky fitting the heart shape into the folder.  I eventually did it, but had to cover the joining with the bow.  I stamped the words with a Rubber Stampede stamp and used VersaMark clear ink.  The embossing powder is 'Madanna Robe Blue Gold' by Moon Glow.  I bought it from 'The Stamp Man' quite a few years ago.  Ribbon, pearls and heart embellishment are from my stash.

Many thanks for stopping by x

Tuesday, 1 March 2011

Roses & Ivy

For this card I used DCWV 'Nana's Nursery' designer paper. I die cut the Die-namics label and then embossed it three times with Orbit Olive Gold embossing powder to give it an enamel effect.  The ivy leaves were made using cold porcelain, a tiny cutter, and a vining tool.  I painted them with H20 paints.

Thanks for stopping by.