Monday 15 August 2011

Roses & Butterflies

Hi everyone!  Hope you're all having a great day!

I was playing with paper again last night.  My friend sent me a lovely card in a deep pink envelope.  The envelope was too pretty to throw away, so I made some rolled roses.  I wanted to mimic the rose spray on my DP, so I also made another rose using 120gsm printer paper and edged it with red ink.

I folded a square doily for the top of my card.  DP is 'Rose Garden' by Papermania.  My bow is seam binding, and the tiny butterflies were made with a Martha Stewart combination punch/stamp. Sentiment is from Hot Off The Press.

Thank You! for stopping by today xx

11 comments:

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Sasha,good for you on reusing something.I love those roses.
Sue x

Marlou McAlees said...

This is so so beautiful sasha :) looooove the paper, roses and the fact that you re used the envelope :) Did you find my blog? I had a couple of comments that came through ok after you, maybe its blogger playing up, I did eventually figure out last night why my blog wouldnt post (",)it was to do with the editor, so got it sorted, after hours of working at it ... LOL :) xx

Julie said...

A very pretty card

Stella said...

This card is right up my alley!
A wonderful way of layering. Love these doilies. And your handmade flowers are perfect. What I love about this card that you used all the colors of the PP for your embellishments. Fabulous!
XX

Deborah Frings said...

Such a soft, pretty and feminine card. It's lovely!

sheila said...

this is so sweet looking. I love the colors that you have chosen and that folded doily with the roses is perfect!

Joan Ervin said...

Ooooh, so pretty and delicate...love how you used the doilies and your roses are gorgeous!!!!!

Pauline said...

This is gorgeous! Love the doily and seam binding, really pretty embellishments!

Irene said...

Hello Sasha

A beautiful card. I love the idea of the doily,and the colours of the roses are fabulous. A stunning card.

luv
irene
xxxx

Sarah said...

OOohh I love that paper!!! Another stunner Sasha, the doilly adds a lovely delicate touch.

Lana said...

Sasha, your roses just perfect! Love them! :)

xx